Author Topic: Need A New Host Again  (Read 409 times)

Offline Ariane

• Administrator
  • Infinite diversity in infinite combinations
    • View Profile
    • http://www.crystalfires.net
Need A New Host Again
« on: January 14, 2016, 04:49:22 PM »
I knew it was too good to last. Apparently we're using too many INODEs (basically, we have too many files on the account - their way of getting around the big bandwidth and disk space allowances - you  can't have files to use them) and because theyir limit is ridiculous I need to find a new host for this site and several others. Just our gallery uses up all the alloted INODEs never mind e-mails, fanfic, the forum etc etc. So I'm applying for Flaunt to host us - they've been hosting several of my sites since fan-sites.org shut down last August and I've been content with them :) So keep your fingers crossed they'll accept us!

Offline Windsor

• View Profile
Re: Need A New Host Again
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:01:41 AM »
Thanks Ariane for all of your work.  Hope you are feeling better these days too.

Offline Ariane

• Administrator
  • Infinite diversity in infinite combinations
    • View Profile
    • http://www.crystalfires.net
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:18:45 PM »
I'm feeling okay  :flower2: It's been even going most of last year, not much variation in the symptoms which is the first time in several years. Had yearly check-up labs taken earlier this month and going to hear the results on Thursday. Keeping fingers crossed those turn out the be okay too!

Offline Desert_Rose14

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:25:17 PM »
I thought when I checked in a few days ago and saw a "server not found" error message that something was up. I was going to message you, Ariane, to see if you were aware of it, but I assume as the forum owner, you probably received some kind of notification telling you about the server error?

It's a shame these host sites can't accommodate the forums, the fanfic site, the gallery, etc. I really hope this Flaunt host will be a long-term option for you. Constantly changing hosts has to be so frustrating for you.  :gahwarrior: 

Hosted by flaunt.nu - Privacy Policy - DMCA