Author Topic: Movies anyone?  (Read 514 times)

Offline Windsor

• View Profile
Movies anyone?
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
I love movies and I have my favorites of course.  Would anyone care to share their favorite movies?  Are there any current movies that you can recommend?

Offline Desert_Rose14

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Movies anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:05:35 AM »
You mean my favourites that Oded isn't in? LOL! :ahem:

I have a lot of favourites, and they range from different genres - from animation, to drama, to comedy. Some of the movies I love that I can think of, off the top of my head are:
- Wall-E (probably my favourite animated movie)
- The Princess Bride (a love story with a great comedic twist)
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Ardeth and Aragorn are so alike, but Ardeth came first, at least in the movies...LOL)
- Simon Birch (a really touching, tear-jerker movie)
- Orange County (I've seen this movie about a hundred times and I still find something new to laugh about every time I watch it. If you want a good comedy, this is it)
- Mr. Brooks (a thriller/horror movie - I had to watch it in school, and it's a great one to watch if you're into psychological thrillers)
- Let's Go to Prison (another hilarious comedy that was a random find)
- Enemy of the State (another movie that keeps you thinking, and it honestly made me paranoid after watching it)
- Bruce Almighty (another great comedy - Jim Carrey at his comedic finest)
- Bedazzled (a hilarious comedy with Brendan Fraser - Karen: the Oded-with-long-hair/conditioner comment kinda came from this movie...LOL)
- The Wizard of Oz (probably one of my favourite movies of all time. Apparently I mimicked scenes from this movie when I was a kid)

That's all I can think of right now. If I come up with more, I'll let you know. :banana:

Offline ssdangel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:24:42 AM »
I really like the old movies - anything with Jimmy Stewart, especially Rear Window, and anything Cary Grant made.  And I loved The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.  Hanover Street with Harrison Ford was great.  And more recently, the tv series of Jesse Stone movies with Tom Selleck.  I think I could cheat on Oded with Tom Selleck (hehehe!!!)

Offline Desert_Rose14

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:09:38 AM »
OMG, Angel! I love "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" too! And "Random Harvest." There are some classic movies I love that never go out of style. :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Windsor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 03:37:32 AM »
Quote from: ssdangel;10711
I really like the old movies - anything with Jimmy Stewart, especially Rear Window, and anything Cary Grant made.  And I loved The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.  Hanover Street with Harrison Ford was great.  And more recently, the tv series of Jesse Stone movies with Tom Selleck.  I think I could cheat on Oded with Tom Selleck (hehehe!!!)

I love old movies too.  I also love Cary Grant and had a crush on Harrison Ford in college.  I loved his sarcastic humor.  He went to a local high school but it was before my time.  I liked the Magnum PI series and T.S. seems like a nice guy in real life too.    Cary Grant and Oded in the same room probably would have caused me to explode from a charm overload.

I like a good story and so many new films lack that or the talent.  Some of these new actors/actresses can't compare to the old movie stars in my humble opinion.

As for recent films:  Just saw Safe House and the Descendants  Denzel is always good and Mr. Clooney was really wonderful in this latest role.  I think maybe he got cheated in not winning the Oscar this year.  I also liked Midnight in Paris last year but think Woody Allen is a creep.

Bourne films (love spy tales)
Room with a View
Enchanted April
Razor's Edge w Tyrone Power
The Quiet Man with a great cast of old-timers
Shirley Valentine
Amelie
Bridget Jones's diary
Lives of Others

and lots of others

Offline bakerchick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 04:24:43 AM »
Well, let's see...

All the Bourne films
V for Vendetta(Hugo Weaving was amazing!)
I Am Legend
Resident Evil movies
84 Charing Cross Road
The Mummy movies (of course!)
Hero (with Jet Li)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

that's all for now....

Offline bakerchick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:54:37 PM »
I'm adding World War Z and The Grandmaster to the list.

Offline marylou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 03:16:28 AM »
Quote from: bakerchick;17083
I'm adding World War Z and The Grandmaster to the list.

DVR'd "Inescapable" to watch in some future quiet moment.  I'm eager to see how it compares to the gentle, bittersweet "Cairo Nights", also with Alexander Siddig.

Offline bakerchick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:42 AM »
I saw Cairo Nights...Alexander was wonderful.

Offline bakerchick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 07:09:56 AM »
I'm adding Legends of the Fall.

Hosted by flaunt.nu - Privacy Policy - DMCA