Author Topic: Goodnight, but not goodbye...  (Read 511 times)

Offline Ladybug

• View Profile
Goodnight, but not goodbye...
« on: December 28, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »
*Attention all members - readers and writers*

After 8 wonderful years of running this website and much contemplation and discussion with my website partner, Mommints, I am sad to announce that I/we are hanging it up. This was not an easy decision for us, but as our lives have changed and gone in different directions, it is becoming harder and harder to devote the time needed to keep this website & message board running in the manner that it should.

However, I am also happy to announce that WOD will not be going away as well. Ariane, who owns and runs Enchanted Visions [http://oded-fehr.net] has graciously offered to take over WOD.

When the move is official, I will post the new url's for the website and the message board here. So be sure and check back.

Writers - Please submit all future chapters/stories to Ariane at EVfanfic@gmail.com.

Thank you everyone for your loyalty, your friendships and all the good times we've had. We won't be disappearing permanently. We'll see you around the mb...

Love, Ladybug, Mommints & Dawn

Offline Ariane

• Administrator
  • Infinite diversity in infinite combinations
    • View Profile
    • http://www.crystalfires.net
Re: Goodnight, but not goodbye...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:36:30 AM »
Thank You so much for Ladybug and Mommints for letting me take over WOD, if would've been a great loss to lose all these wonderful stories.

The new URL of the WOD fanfic is http://fanfiction.oded-fehr.net and the WOD message board is now at http://board.oded-fehr.net

I imported both the efiction and message board databases, so your membership information for both should be intact and you should be able to login normally. I had some trouble getting old attachments to display correctly, but they seem to be working now as are avatars.

RPF ie. stories about Oded himself on the fanfic site will be moved to a special board here, much like The S Files, in the forum - some of them are really good, and I'd hate to loose them but at the same time I feel somewhat uncomfortable them being up freely and fairly high-profile like that. So if a RPF story you enjoy disappears from the site, check out the forum.

Let see, what else... unfortunately, it isn't possible to merge two existing installation of eFiction, so EV fanfic archive being smaller and quiter will go into archive-only more; all new stories and chapters should be submitted to WOD. I might bring the stories there over to WOD one day, but it's not high on my priority list now.

Also, I'm also putting my Oded message board into archive-only mode, disabling new registration and posting. I hear there will be a merge script for SMF series 2 boards, so I might try and merge the two boards when it's available. For now, I'll just manually bring some forums/posts over.

If you have any questions etc. please don't hesitate to either e-mail me or ask here in the forum.

Offline Suzettemonpetite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 09:16:33 PM »
First of all, thank you Lady Bug, Momminsts and Dawn for providing this place for us. Without you guys, I would still be writing my little stories on my computer, terrified of sharing them with 'the real world".  :grouphug2:

Second, thank you, Ariane, for taking over WOD so this great place wouldn't fade away. :clap:

I will have a new story ina little while - it is a sequel to "Lost in Paradise". I would like to provide a link to that story so those who have joined since it was posted will be able to read it and get acquianinted with my tribe of modern Medjai. How do I do this on the new list?

Thanks again, everyone. :thankyousign:

Offline Ariane

• Administrator
  • Infinite diversity in infinite combinations
    • View Profile
    • http://www.crystalfires.net
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 09:31:50 PM »

Offline Suzettemonpetite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 09:51:10 PM »
Cool!

I was having trouble accessing it for some reason. My computer just wouldn't let me get into the site.

Wheeee.

S

Gypsy Devora

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 12:40:21 AM »
 :yourock:  :thankyousign:

That is to Miss Bugsy, Da Evil One, and Dawn for all you've done for the past 6 or 7 years that I've been a member AND to Ariane for taking over so, as Suz said, "this great place wouldn't fade away."

:grouphug2: Big hugs to all of you!

Dawn

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »
Hey Deb, thanks a log. Big hugs to you.

And the great news is, Mommints and I are still here as admins to help Ariane out on the boards.

Offline Mommints

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 06:43:07 PM »
Aw thank you ladies, and just think - all the great people that I've met over the years is because I fell in love with an actor that caught my eye and heart when I first saw TM.

Yep, Dawn and I are still here, helping Ariane in any way we can, and as long as you gals are here, the mb will contiue being a great place...okay enough sap and sentimentally. I have an evil reputation to polish up for the New Year; somehow it got dusty. heh heh

:grouphug2:
Qulub gama, ruuh fi waqt, ya Ardeth Bay

Offline marylou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »
Many thanks to Ms. Ladybug for giving us fanatical Odedites a place to gather, admire, rant and drool, for so many years! Real Life...how it interferes with the things we'd rather attend to!

Ariane, you're an angel for taking on Barbi's Oded site and now WOD. :angel1:  Now you'll have the seasoned Administrative Goddesses of the latter site to take some of the load off of you! Couldn'ta worked out better!

To a bunch of great ladies:  :yourock:

Caroll

Offline Laila B

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 06:14:35 AM »
Okay- I know I am late, and I'm sorry!
But I needed to say- MM, Suz, Dawn- Thank you for all that hard work you have put into this site over the past years! You have given all of us a cyber home that we have all come to enjoy! I hope that you will all still stay in touch.
And to Ariane- :yourock: Thank you for taking this on and keeping the Ded-Land alive and well!
-Mindi
"For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin', and death be all that we can rightly depend on."
-Bram Stoker's Dracula

Offline Suzettemonpetite

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 06:20:27 AM »
Laila, I'm not part of the great team that made WOD a reality - I am just one of the harem girls....waiting around for a swarthy, dreamboat of a Medjai to crook his finger in my direction.....

Offline Laila B

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 06:23:09 AM »
LMAO...
Ugh, too much coffee, not enough sleep this week Suz....
I believe that my thanks should have been directed also to Lady Bug...
My brain will function eventually... I promise!
Heh...
Mindi is going to sleep very soon....
"For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin', and death be all that we can rightly depend on."
-Bram Stoker's Dracula

Offline OhOded

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 06:26:41 AM »
WOW, so surprised to hear!!!! Thank you all soooooooooooo much for all the time & hard work you've put into the site!!!

:thankyousign:

OhOded
CloneOded Project 2007

Hosted by flaunt.nu - Privacy Policy - DMCA